Monday, May 16, 2011

Inquiries

Most of the marinas I have looked at so far require an insurance policy for liability up to $300,000 so I just sent this email to my auto insurance company to see what sort of cash I would need to put up for that:

            I was just looking for some information.

            I have been thinking about purchasing a sailboat and living on it, but
            most of the marinas I have been looking at require an insurance
            policy for up to $300,000 damage liability. I was wondering what
            sort of rates I could expect for such a policy.

            I am looking at sailboats, approximately 27-30 feet long, older
            models - late seventies to early eighties. Most of these boats have a
            purchase price (and I'm assuming a very similar value) of $5,000 or
            less.

            I have my car insured through xxxxxxxxx*, in the state of California,
            and have had the policy for at least 8 years, I believe. Possibly longer.

            I would appreciate any and all information you could give me,
            thank you.

Eagerly awaiting a response.



                                                                          *censored my insurance carrier's name.
                                                                             If they want to pay me to advertise, I 
                                                                             will replace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment